OpenAI recently decided to disable the “Browse with Bing” feature in ChatGPT (available through ChatGPT Plus), as it was showing content from paywalled sites. This has led many users to look for an alternative way to access the internet on ChatGPT. Well, with one of the best ChatGPT plugins, Chrome extensions and a simple alternative, you can connect ChatGPT to the internet without any problems. It allows you to access the Internet and provide the latest information on any topic, making ChatGPT even more useful for users. So in this regard, let’s learn how to connect ChatGPT to the Internet using three simple methods.
1. Browse the web on ChatGPT using the KeyMate.AI search plugin (paid)
There are many ChatGPT plugins that offer internet connectivity on ChatGPT. However, KeyMate.AI Search performs much better and combines results from various sources. Other plugins like WebPilot, MixerBox WebSearch, Link Reader, etc. that we tested failed to fetch details from multiple sources. That said, the only con of KeyMate.AI search is that it adds a sponsored link at the end of the responses, but that's about it.
- First, go ahead and enable ChatGPT plugins. Keep in mind that you have to be subscribed to ChatGPT Plus.
- After that, open the “Plugin shop” under “GPT-4” in ChatGPT.
- Here, search for “KeyMate.AI” and install the plugin.
- Then, from the drop down menu under GPT-4, enable the plugin. You’ll see a blue check next to it.
- You are now free to ask questions and ChatGPT will do it retrieve the latest information from the Internet using the KeyMate.AI search plug-in.
- You can provide a URL as input to ChatGPT and the plugin can access the live web page and summarize the information for you.
- To test the plugin, I gave it a file paywalled connection, but the content could not be read, which is expected behavior. So this is perhaps the best way to connect ChatGPT to the internet; even if it is paid.
2. Connect ChatGPT to the Internet using the WebChatGPT extension (free)
If you are looking for a simple and free solution to connect ChatGPT to the internet, you can rely on one of the best ChatGPT Chrome extensions. Called the WebChatGPT extension for Chrome, it expands the capabilities of the OpenAI chatbot and here’s how:
- First you need to install the file WebChatGPT (Free) Chrome extension.
- Then, open the file free version of ChatGPT (visit). You don’t even need GPT-4 to use the features of this extension.
- Make sure that “Web accessThe switch is activated at the bottom.
- Now, ask your questions on any topic and the extension will process the information from the internet and display the file latest information using ChatGPT.
3. Use ChatGPT with internet access on Microsoft Bing Chat
We all know that Microsoft’s Bing Chat is powered by OpenAI’s GPT-4 model. And luckily, Bing Chat has access to the Internet without any restrictions. Also, Bing Chat gets its results from the Bing search engine, unlike most plugins and extensions powered by Google’s search API.
Better yet, Microsoft has opened access to Bing Chat across all browsers, including Chrome and Firefox. So if you use Bing on Google, go ahead and use Bing Chat on any browser with internet access.
- Open bing.com (visit) in your favorite browser.
- Then click “Chat” in the upper left corner.
- Now, ask your question about any last topic and will find information from the Internet and process it using the GPT-4 model.
#connect #ChatGPT #internet
Image Source : beebom.com